First Advantage offers Canadian businesses background screening solutions for all provinces and territories throughout Canada.
As a full service global provider, First Advantage provides thorough research into the academic qualifications, criminal and credit histories, driver's records and past work performance of potential job candidates. If you are looking for an integrated, streamlined approach to help reduce the time and cost associated with your Canadian screening processes, First Advantage has the answer.
Client Advantage Screening Tool
First Advantage offers CAST – a customizable, Web-based, pre-employment screening solution, designed to streamline the hiring and recruiting process. By providing timely background verification data and other screening information to our clients via CAST, First Advantage enables hiring managers to make informed decisions efficiently. First Advantage focuses on providing exceptional client support, quality information and a proprietary, Web-based system to meet the hiring and recruiting demands of Canadian businesses.
CAST is a secure, Web-based platform that offers real-time 24/7 access from any Internet connection. The system offers robust client reporting tools, online and e-mail retrieval of results and all of the data is securely hosted in Canada.
At First Advantage, our high customer retention rate among clients is proof positive that customer satisfaction is our top priority. Innovative technology enables superior customer service, while our Canadian account managers provide you with a single point of contact. Our multi-level client support teams, which include executive sponsors, your sales executive, and quality assurance personnel, ensure personalized delivery of timely results. Our unique, prompt client service response time means that issues are responded to quickly and effectively. Regular customer satisfaction surveys measure the performance of all departments, enabling First Advantage to continually improve operations in relation to your requirements.
Our quality assurance procedures mean the screening programs we develop for you provide quality results to help mitigate risk and increase profitability. First Advantage owns and accesses primary and other proven data sources to ensure that quality results are consistently returned.
Products & Services
First Advantage offers a wealth of products, services and innovative solutions and processes for many aspects of your business – all from one source.
- Canadian Criminal Check – Name-based national criminal record check performed through an accredited Canadian police service.
- SIN Validation Check – A quick, cost effective statement on whether the provided SIN is valid or not without obtaining a credit check.
- Canadian Terrorism Listing Search – Results are obtained from a list maintained by the OSFI (Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions) that lists any person or entity associated with, or found to be funding, terrorist activities.
- Consumer Credit History – Information such as places of employment or prior addresses, confirmation of the SIN, other names used to obtain credit (maiden names, aliases, etc.) and credit history information is provided.
- Motor Vehicle Record Search – Information is pulled from the provincial licensing office and typically includes, license status, infractions, restrictions, expiry and issue dates and points/claims against the license.
- Education Verification – Contact is made with the appropriate institution(s) to verify post-secondary education as listed by the applicant.
- Professional Affiliation Verification – Contact is made with the appropriate institution(s) to verify professional credentials as listed by the applicant.
- Employment Verification – We contact the applicant's former employers to verify information provided on the applicant's CV, resume or application form.
- References – We contact the references provided by the applicant to obtain detailed information about their characteristics, skills and abilities.
- Exit Interview – Contact is made with the departing/departed employee to garner their feedback regarding their work experience with the client.
- US Consumer Credit History – Information such as places of employment or prior addresses, confirmation of the SSN, other names used to obtain credit (maiden names, aliases, etc.) and credit history information is provided.
- OFAC Search – Name check only against the listing maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control in the US populated by international sources, of "Specially Designated Nationals" (SDN) and "Blocked Persons."
- SSN Trace – Confirms address information and validity of SSN number, while matching to the appropriate individual.
- FACIS – A search used in identifying sanctioned individuals and entities in the health care field as well as reporting on a wide range of disciplinary actions.
- NationScan – A broad sweep of reporting agencies to determine in which jurisdictions to conduct more complete background search(es).
- US County Criminal Record Search – Felony and misdemeanor conviction information obtained from the "county seat".
- US Statewide Criminal Record Search – Felony and misdemeanor conviction information obtained from state level records which are generally searched from an electronic database and are a combination of state records and county level records that re reported up to the state.
- US Federal Criminal Record Search – Conviction information regarding violations of federal statutes which are prosecuted in federal district courts.
- Sexual Offender Registry Check – This search will reveal if an applicant has been submitted to the state level SOR based on their past behavior.