Comprehensive I-9 and Employment Eligibility Verification services through a Web-based solution.
Through a seamless interface with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) E-Verify program, SAFEi9 delivers the information captured on the electronic Form I-9 for immediate verification. SAFEi9 supports a variety of workflows and access methods, enabling an I-9 verification solution to meet your specific needs. SAFEi9 is fully integrated into First Advantage’s ScreenDirect background screening platform, enabling a seamless flow of applicant/employee data for the screening process.
SAFEi9 is a hosted solution comprised of four components:
- Applicant Registration – applicant enters his/her personal data, which is populated into the Form I-9
- Credential Selection – employer’s representative verifies the data and digitally scans (optional) the credentials provided (i.e., passport, resident card, etc.)
- Administrative Web Site – company officials can monitor documentation, expiration dates and Employment Eligibility Verification (EEV) results
- E-Verify Connector – information from the Form I-9 is sent to and confirmed by E-Verify
The SAFEi9 verification solution is available for employers of all sizes:
- SAFEi9 (Electronic) In-House System – With the in-house solution, the employer reviews and enters employee credential information and receives immediate eligibility results online. A document scanner is used to digitally archive and store credential copies or paper I-9 forms. An electronic signature pad may be added to facilitate high-quality electronic signatures on all forms.
- SAFEi9 (Paper-to-Digital) Phone/Fax Solution – Employers without Internet connectivity can complete a paper Form I-9 and then access SAFEi9 to perform verification by speaking with a service representative at our toll-free number. Results are returned via fax, and the Form I-9 and credential copies (optional) are faxed or mailed, then are scanned for electronic storage. This option provides a consistent screening process across decentralized locations, promotes properly completed I-9 forms and stores all documentation so it can be produced in the event of audit. An escalation process is available to promote the receipt of properly completed I-9 forms and appropriate documentation.
Once the Form I-9 is complete, First Advantage:
- Submits the employee’s information to E-Verify
- Posts employment eligibility status (usually in seconds) in our secure administrative reporting tool
- Sends electronic notices directly to your HR representative and/or hiring manager in the event of DHS and SSA non-confirmation notices
- Sends e-mail alerts to managers and administrators if action has not been taken within the prescribed timeline
- Sends alerts to your field and corporate HR representatives in advance of work authorization document expiration
- Provides an enterprise-wide administrative reporting tool that tracks all completed I-9 documents and credentials
The SAFEi9 system maintains a processing history for each new employee. The status of all submitted employees may be viewed on the administrative Web site at any time and reports by a variety of criteria are available.
The SAFEi9 verification solution seamlessly integrates with existing systems to streamline your hiring process. Through either First Advantage’s applicant tracking system or via ScreenDirect (our Web-based, pre-employment screening application), SAFEi9 is designed to work with your current processes.
SAFEi9 can help companies standardize and archive paper-based I-9 documents and credentials. You can send these files to First Advantage and our SAFEi9 technicians will digitize the documents and enter them into our system, making them searchable using the same report-building parameters associated with the fully electronic process.